Monday, March 22, 2010

3rd Longest Dentist Appointment

I was in the dentist last Thursday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, with a 45 minute "lunchbreak".

And during my lunchbeak, I was prepped for crown #2 which means I had a huge hole in my mouth.

I had 3 composite crowns and two fillings.

...and it didn't go nearly as well as I thought it would.

During the first half of the day, we acomplished the crown and filling on the top. Before lunch, he prepped the bottom right molar for the crown and made it while I was gone.

...and I made the mistake of not getting anything to eat before my appointment. So needless to say, by 6:00, I was starving.

Then from 2:30 to 6:00, we did the bottom two crowns and the filling on the front tooth.

Oh! And just for the record: I only had TWO shots of Novicane: and they were just for the fillings, not teh crowns :) So yeah, another great example of making things happen intensive.

It would have been wonderful if it wasn't for a few problems along the way. The bottom right molar was the worse to do, because the wisdom tooth is the most impacted on that particular molar. I'll leave the nasty details out as to what happened... but just so you know: it's the main reason why my mouth hurts like hell right now.

I also... (yikes!)... felt the drill on my bottom left crown.

Oh... it was bad. Reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyy bad.

By about 5:00, I was just getting stir-crazy and I had to start walking around the office. I was the only patient in there for the majority of the day, and I then found myself (out of sheer boredom) walking around to other rooms and asking the people if I could get them anything.

...and in my drug-inducted, beaten-up mouth state, I suppose it was NOT very appreciated.


So needless to say, my Thursday evening wasn't very productive. I came home on Thursday and ran straight to my bottle of anti-inflammatory medication; took a few; then was posted up on the couch by 7:00 and remained there for the duration of the evening.

Thank God I've had the weekend to recover. I'm still a little swollen, but at least I'm "full steam ahead" at work.




0 comments:


Blogspot Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Modern Home Designs